One of America's Great Estates
Minnetonka, MN USA
1.Easy Metro Access- Commuting to downtown Minneapolis for work or play is a quick drive under 15 minutes. Minnetonka is just a 25 minute commute to the MSP Airport which serves all the continents.
2.Trendy shopping- There is an abundance of shopping options in every direction. Enjoy the recently renovated nearby Ridgedale shopping center with 2 levels featuring 140+ retail stores. Spend a sunny afternoon walking the high-end store fronts in downtown Wayzata near Lake Minnetonka. Eden Prairie Center is just South of Minnetonka with a variety of stores. Take a short drive to the Shoppes at WestEnd or indulge in a shopping adventure at the internationally famous Mall of America. Love unique food options? A variety of grocery stores serve the local area; Cub foods, Lunds & Byerly’s, Trader Joes, or Whole Foods
3. Strong community- Welcome to a community of special interest to all ages. Join the Music Association of Minnetonka, the Historical society, Rotary Club, MOMS club, Garden Club or Minnetonka Red Hatters. Try either of the Hennepin County Library locations in Minnetonka. Visit the Minnetonka Center for Arts; view exhibits and be inspired to create. A full range of classes are available in visual arts for kids, teens, and adults.
4. Superior Education – Education in Minnetonka is provided by 3 school districts: Hopkins, Minnetonka, and Wayzata. Minnetonka & Wayzata School Districts ranked as one of the top School districts in Minnesota. Numerous thriving private schools are within the community including The Blake School, Breck, Benilde & Providence.
5. Safety First- It’s important to feel safe where you live. One reason why families find Minnetonka so attractive to live in is due to its family friendly environment and its extremely low crime rates. Minnetonka has been lower than both the Minnesota and national average for crime.
6. Careers- Minnetonka serves as the headquarters for Cargill, the largest privately held corporation in the country in terms of revenue and United Healthcare which is the largest publicly held company in Minnesota. This translates into low unemployment rates in Minnetonka. Other nearby headquarters are General Mills, Best Buy, Holiday companies, blue cross blue shield, C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc, Supervalu, Carlson Companies, and many more.
7. Family Friendly- Minnetonka’s convenient location, great schools, full range of community services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and endless options for recreation are all driving factors that influence families to move to Minnetonka. Families relocating to Minnesota often find themselves being encouraged by their Realtor, Co-Workers, and Relocation Director, to look at homes for sale in Minnetonka, MN. Annual events include Kids’ Fest, Music in the Park, Native Plant Market and Eco Fun Fest, Summer Festival, Burwell Arts and Crafts Fair, Ice Cream Social, Farmers Market, Movie in the Park, and Minnetonka Night for Neighbors.
8. Eat, Enjoy, Relax- No matter your preference of entertainment Minnetonka and the surrounding area can serve it. If you prefer casual family dining or a private romantic dinner for 2, you will find an extensive assortment of restaurants in the area. Enjoy a table overlooking Lake Minnetonka in Wayzata Bay or Grays Bay and watch the sail boats or the Steamship Minnehaha as it cruises by. Take a bike ride or walk the streets of the popular downtown Excelsior and check out the boutiques or indulge in a specialty ice-cream. Afterwards catch the latest movie at the Mann or Willow Creek Theaters in the nearby community of Plymouth, the Eden Prairie Mall, or on Main St. in Hopkins.
9. Playful Minnetonka – Minnetonka-Hopkins maintains 17 athletic fields, 10 ice-skating rinks, and the 81 miles of sidewalks and trails suitable for walking, running and biking. There are also 49 parks including Meadow Park which is a short walk and acres of public open land that Minnetonka residents can enjoy. If you like to be on the water, take a sail boat to Lake Minnetonka. Or simply enjoy a nice swim at Shady Oak Beach or Libbs Lake Beach. If you are not feeling like the water, indulge in one of the many golf courses nearby or become a member at the country clubs. Get your heart rate going with an aerobics or spin class at the Williston Fitness Center, swim in the indoor pool play tennis on one of the 5 indoor courts or watch your kids run around in the in-door playground known as the “Tree House”. Use the gym for a great work out, play volleyball or shoot some hoops. The options for staying fit and having fun around Minnetonka are endless!